The Ithaca Youth Bureau (IYB), a public multi-service agency established 1948, provides a broad variety of recreation and youth development programs to promote the health, happiness, and well-being of all youth and families in the greater Ithaca area. We serve more than 7,500 youth annually, aged 0-20 years, through a wide array of programs including:
A tot stay-and-play program
After school programs
Job and skill training and subsidized employment for youth
Recreation mainstreaming services
In addition to recreation and after-school initiatives that serve the general youth population, our youth development programs do strategic outreach to economically disadvantaged and under-served youth.
The Ithaca Youth Bureau strives to provide youth with the tools they need to build a successful life for themselves and change the world for the better. We believe that all citizens can be physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy, and socially and civically engaged. We help prepare youth to live successful lives as adults by providing a variety of recreation and youth development opportunities that will help youth develop to their full potential. We lend support to discouraged youth who are struggling to find their place in the world. We help our program participants understand that all people have a place in this world and together we can create a better tomorrow.
Whom to Contact
- Gordon BegentRecreation Program Coordinator
- Joe GibsonBig Brothers Big Sisters Program Coordinator
- Jody Hallett-HarrisExecutive Assistant
- Donna HansenFiscal Management Assistant
- Gregg HouckYouth Bureau Director
- Johara MalcolmPaul Schreurs Memorial Program Coordinator
- Yolanda MarionRecreation Administrator
- David MenardMatch Support Specialist
- Jennifer WestlingOffice Manager
The entrance to the Ithaca Youth Bureau is adjacent to the entrance of Stewart Park and is easily accessed by Route 13 and Route 34.